U.S. Open Beer Championship
This U.S. Open Beer Championship is an annual event open to both professional brewers and award-winning homebrewers. This year, seven North Texas breweries were among those honored, bringing home a total of 12 medals. Not only that, Rahr & Sons was named as one of the competition's "Top 10 Breweries of 2016."
A rundown of medals won by local breweries is given below, with a complete list of winners to be found by clicking here.
- Silver for Sasquatch in the American Stout category
- Silver for Rye Pils in the American Lager/Pilsener category.
- Gold for Wee Heavy in the Strong Scottish Ale category.
- Silver for NightWatch in the Oatmeal Stout category.
- Silver for Sin Mint Temptress in the Experimental Beer category.
- Silver for The Duke in the Barley Wine category.
- Silver for Great Scot! in the Scottish Ale category.
- Gold for 10/6 in the English Pale Ale category.
- Bronze for Rapture in the American Brown Ale category.
- Gold for Summertime Wheat in the German Hefeweizen category.
- Gold for The Regulator in the Doppel/Strong Bock category.
- Silver for Rahr's Blonde in the Münchner Helles/Light category.
Cheers and congratulations to all!