|Image credit: Fairplex.|
Put on by Fairplex, in association with the Los Angeles County Fair, the commercial beer competition has been going on since 2000. Beers are judged using a blind-tasting method with the goal of awarding medals to the best beers from both domestic and international brewers.
This year, beers were judged in 97 different categories, with gold, silver and bronze medals being possible in each category. However, depending on the amount and/or quality of the entries, medals were not always awarded in every class.
The list of beers recognized from North Texas is as follows (click here for a complete list of winners):
Community Beer Company
- Honorable Mention for Public Ale in the Extra Special Bitter category.
- Bronze for Inspiration in the Belgian-Style Strong Specialty Ale category.
- Silver for Yessir! in the International-Style Pale Ale category.
- Bronze for Sin Mint Temptress in the Experimental Beer category.
- Silver for French Quarter Temptress in the Coffee Beer category.
- Bronze for Oktoberfest in the German-Style Märzen category.
- Bronze for Stormcloud in the English-Style India Pale Ale category.
- Silver for Rahr's Blonde in the Munich-Style Helles category.
- Silver for Texas Red in the American-Style Amber/Red Ale category.
Cheers and congratulations to all!