|Commemorative pint glass to be given away at select launch events|
with Rahr & Sons in Oklahoma (courtesy of Rahr & Sons Brewing Co.).
Becoming the latest local brewery to provide North Texas beer to our friends to the north, Rahr & Sons has announced it will begin distribution to Oklahoma beginning March 1.
Set to debut at many restaurants and bars in Oklahoma, initial deliveries to the Sooner State will include the year-round beers Buffalo Butt, Rahr's Blonde, Stormcloud and Ugly Pug. In addition, Iron Thistle, the brewery's seasonal Scotch-style ale, will be among the first shipments, with other seasonal beers to be made available throughout the year.
According to a press release, Rahr & Sons will kick-off the expansion on Monday, February 29 from 7-9:30 p.m., with a beer feast at Fassler Hall in Oklahoma City. From there, a number of beer dinners, pint nights and sampling events are scheduled for the first week of March. Those events already set are listed below (should you wish to phone a friend up north to let them know), with a complete listing to be posted in the coming weeks at rahrbrewing.com/events.
Tuesday, March 1
- Ranch Acres Wine & Spirits, Tulsa - 5:30 p.m.
- The Patriarch Craft Beer House & Lawn, Edmond - 7 p.m.
- The Pint on Cherry Street, Tulsa - 7 p.m.
Wednesday, March 2
- Skinny Slim's, Oklahoma City - 5:30 p.m.
- Skinny Slim's, Edmond - 5:30 p.m.
- Oak & Ore, Oklahoma City - 6 p.m.
- Fassler Hall, Tulsa - 6 p.m.
Thursday, March 3
- R Bar & Grill, Tulsa - 5:30 p.m.
- TapWerks Ale House, Oklahoma City - 7 p.m.