|Image courtesy of 903 Brewers|
(click to enlarge).
Galentine's, as it's being called, combines a run of pint nights with a Valentine's Day card signing drive. Regarding the latter, the goal is to have guests sign cards with encouraging and uplifting messages, which will then be delivered to women being served by domestic violence shelters. Of course, there will be beer too, with brews like Birthday Sasquatch, The Sour One with Raspberries and Wonderland of Milk and Honey expected to be tapped (selections vary by location).
Dates and times for scheduled events are given below, and take note that while each is designed to be a ladies' night out, gentlemen are welcome to attend as well.
Wednesday, February 1 - 6-9 p.m. - The Bearded Lady, Fort Worth
- Beneficiary: Safe Haven of Tarrant County
- Donations sought: Adult flip flops, reusable grocery bags, totes, umbrellas and children's Valentine's Day cards.
Tuesday, February 7 - 6-9 p.m. - Dot's Hop House, Dallas
- Details being finalized.
Wednesday, February 8 - 6-9 p.m. - Intrinsic Smokehouse & Brewery, Garland
- Attractions include live music, arts and crafts and a smoked lamb dinner special.
Thursday, February 9 - 6-9 p.m. - The Thirsty Growler, The Colony
- Beneficiary: Hope's Door
Friday, February 10 - 7-10 p.m. - Oak St. Draft House, Denton
- Beneficiary: Denton County Friends of the Family
- Donations sought: Toiletries, paper towels, toilet paper and coloring books for adults.
Saturday, February 10 - 12-5 p.m. - 903 Brewers, Sherman
- Benificiary: Grayson Crisis Center
- Attractions include a Girl Scout cookie and beer pairing flight.